Take part in this 1-hour lunchtime CPD session on redundancy and termination payments led by Ciaran O'Dohery of the Irish Payroll Association (IPASS). This session is particularly useful to those who are responsible for the Payroll, Finance or Human Resource functions in their organisation and will explore:
- Redundancy Payments Acts
- Who is covered by this Act?
- When does a redundancy situation arise?
- How are statutory redundancy payments calculated?
- What is continuous service and what is reckonable service?
- How does short-time and lay-off affect redundancy?
- What is a Collective Redundancy?
- Termination Payments
- What are the tax implications of making a termination payment?
- What exemptions apply?
- How to calculate the tax exempt and taxable elements of a termination payment.
- What are the Revenue reporting requirements?
Following this CPD session, you will leave with an understanding of when statutory redundancy arises, which employees are entitled to statutory redundancy, know how to calculate a statutory redundancy payment, understand the difference between statutory redundancy and a termination payment, and understand how to calculate the tax free and taxable elements of a termination payment.
Reserve your place by booking below. A Zoom link to join the session will be emailed to you the morning of the CPD session.